05 May 2016
May 5, 2016
Glass doors require special kind of hinges; some of them are listed below –
- 90 degree door hinge: As the name suggests they can open at maximum angle of 90 degrees. Normally two hinges are required per door. It is recommended to use toughened glass while using these hinges.
- 110 degree simplex glass door hinges: They are used for flush fitting doors. It has a maximum opening angle of 110 degrees. The maximum glass thickness should no more than 5 mm. it is a black steel hinge with plastic press fit brush.
- 170 degree door hinge set: They comprise of two hinges, one right hand and one left hand, two screws and two rubber pads. They can open at a maximum angle of 170 degrees. It is made out of zinc alloy.
- 180 degree door hinge: They can be fixed directly there is no need for drilling. It has an opening angle of 180 degrees. It is commonly used for glass that has 4 to 6 mm thickness. It is recommended to use toughened glass with these type of hinges.
- 210 degree glass door hinge: They are used for overlay doors. They can be fixed directly as there is no need for drilling. They are nickel plated and are made out of zinc alloy. They have an opening angle of 210 degrees.